Dr. Arun Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi and founder of the M.K. Gandhi Institute for Nonviolence, in his June 9 lecture at theUniversity of Puerto Rico, shared the following story as an example of Nonviolence in parenting:
"I was 16 years old and living with my parents at the institute my grandfather had founded 18 miles outside of Durban, South Africa, in the middle of the sugar plantations. We were deep in the country and had no neighbours, so my two sisters and I would always look forward to going to town to visit friends or go to the movies.
One day, my father asked me to drive him to town for an all-day conference, and I jumped at the chance. "Since I was going to town, my mother gave me a list of groceries she needed and, since I had all day in town, my father ask me to take care of several pending chores, such as getting the car serviced. When I dropped my father off that morning, he said, "I will meet you here at 5:00 p.m., and we will go home together.'"After hurriedly completing my chores, I went straight to the nearest movie theatre. I got so engrossed in a John Wayne double feature that I forgot the time. It was 5:30 before I remembered. By the time I ran to the garage and got the car and hurried to where my father was waiting for me, it was almost 6:00. He anxiously asked me, "Why were you late?" I was so ashamed of telling him I was watching a John Wayne western movie that I said, 'The car wasn't ready, so I had to wait,' not realizing that he had already called the garage.When he caught me in the lie, he said: "There's something wrong in the way I brought you up that didn't give you the confidence to tell me the truth." "In order to figure out where I went wrong with you, I'm going to walk to walk home 18 miles and think about it."So, dressed in his suit and dress shoes, he began to walk home in the dark on mostly unpaved, unlit roads. I couldn't leave him, so forfive-and-a-half hours I drove behind him, watching my father go through this agony for a stupid lie that I uttered. I decided then and there that I was never going to lie again. I often think about that episode and wonder, if he had punished me the way we punish our children, whether I would have learned a lesson at all. I don't think so. I would have suffered the punishment and gone on doing the same thing. But this single nonviolent action was so powerful that it is still as if it happened yesterday
THAT IS THE POWER OF NON VIOLENCE
My little friends, Karna was Duryodhan’s special friend. He was well known for his generosity. He never used to send back any needy person empty handed. Every morning, Karna used to go to the river bank for a bath and give oblation of water to the Sun-God. After his bath, while returning home, if any needy person came before him, he never used to return him back empty handed.Once, Lord Srikrushna and Arjun were engaged in a conversation. They were talking about Karna’s generous nature. Srikrushna praised Karna for his generosity. He said, "No one is as generous as Karna." Arjun was surprised to hear this. He said, "O Srikrushna, my brother, Dharmaraj Yudhishthir too is very generous." However, Srikrushna argued that Karna was more generous as compared to Yudhishthir. As usual, Srikrushna was ready to prove his point. He said, “Alright, let us settle this issue tomorrow, by going to both, Dharmaraj and Karna.”
It was a rainy season then. Srikrushna and Arjun went to Dharmaraj Yudhishthir the next morning. Welcoming them, he asked the reason for their coming. Srikrushna said, “Some important construction work has to be undertaken in the capital immediately and for that some wooden logs are required.” Dharmaraj called his servants and ordered them to bring wood of best quality for construction. However, the servants did not return with the wood for a long time. Finally, one servant came back and stood before them looking to the ground. Dharmaraj asked, “What happened? Did you not get the wood?” Since it was monsoon, the logs had become wet due to the rains; hence the servants could not bring them. Dharmaraj was helpless in providing the required wood. He expressed his helplessness to Srikrushna and Arjun. Hearing this, Srikrushna and Arjun went away.
Srikrushna then took Arjun to Karna. When they arrived at Karna’s residence, Karna welcomed them with great respect and inquired about their wellbeing. Arjun told him about their urgent need of wood. Karna said, “O, why are you so worried for such a simple thing?” saying so, he asked his servants to fetch some wood. The servants returned after a while and reported to him about the wood being wet due to rain. Hearing this, Karna went inside. Since he did not return for a long time, Arjun and Srikrushna went inside Karna's room. There, they saw that Karna was cutting the legs of his wooden bed. They saw many pieces of furniture were set aside. Now they realised the reason for the delay in Karna’s returning to them. Arjun asked Karna, "O, Karna, why did you cut off your precious artistic sandalwood furniture?" Karna replied, "These things can be made again, but there is no other grief than sending away someone empty handed despite his request to fulfil his desire."
Later, the same Karna gave away his golden armour and earrings, which he had received as a blessing at birth. This example of total sacrifice is recorded in history.
Friends, you just read about the generosity of Karna. Karna gave away his armour and earrings, which he had received as a blessing at birth. However, we are never willing to give even the smallest of our possessions to others. From this, we must learn that, we too should be ready to sacrifice our things for the sake of others.
We divide our task and multiple our success, we have the ability to work as a group toward a common vision, even if that vision becomes extremely blurry, we fit many pieces that No one able to fit,
For myNadi it was an opportunities Are Like Sunrises, we are not able to wait too as we know that will miss them. So yesterday was a canceled check: Forget it. Tomorrow is a promissory note: So we Don't count on it. Today "Now" is ready cash: we Use it!
We also knows that When we Are In The Light, Everything Follows US,But When WE Enter Into The Dark, Even OUR Own Shadow Doesn’t Follow US"
These are some saying and interesting quotes touches me
ATTITUDE THAT ONE NEEDS TO DEVELOP:
1. When Snake is alive, Snake eats Ants.
When Snake is dead, Ants eat Snake.
Time can turn at any time. Don't neglect anyone in your life.........
2. Never make the same mistake twice,
There are so many new ones, Try a different one each day.
3. A good way to change someone's attitude is to change your own.
Because, the same sun that melts butter, also hardens clay!
Life is as we think, so think beautifully.
4. Life is just like a sea, we are moving without an end.
Nothing stays with us,what remains is just the memories of some people who touched us as Waves.
5. Whenever you want to know how rich you are?
Never count your currency, just try to Drop a Tear and count how many hands reach out to WIPE that- that is true richness.
6. Heart tells the eyes see less, because you see and I suffer lot.
Eyes replied, feel less because you feel and I cry a lot.
7. Never change your originality for the sake of others, because no one can play your role better than you.
So be yourself, because whatever you are, YOU are the best.
8. Baby mosquito came back after 1st time flying. His dad asked him "How do you feel?"
He replied "It was wonderful, Everyone was clapping for me!"
Now that’s a Positive Attitude.
IF U WIN NO NEED TO EXPLAIN…
BUT IF U LOSS YOU SHOULD NOT BE THERE TO EXPLAIN
A short walk is so difficult, when no one walks with you.
But a long journey is just like few steps when you walk with someone who loves and cares for you.
We always look and care for the person who we love the most.
But we fail to look back at those who loves us the most.
Death's not the greatest loss in life...
The greatest loss is when relationship die inside us while we are stil alive
Life is Not about the people we act true on your face...
Its about the people who remain true behind your back..
Time decide whom you meet in life
You heart decides whom you want in life but your behaviour decides who stay in your life
You can win life by all means ... Yes...
If you simply avoid two things..
1. Comparing - with others
2. Expecting - from others
Life will be more beautiful !!!
Apologizing does not mean that you are wrong and the other one is right..
It is simply means that you value the relationship much more than your ego.."
Being Kind is More Important Than Being Right...
REMOVE THE DARKNESS OF THE MIND AND THE WORLD WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE ILLUMINATED
DO NOT SPEAK ABOUT THE STORY OF YOUR SUFFERING
AGAIN AND AGAIN AS IT TAKES AWAY POWER FROM THE SOUL
IT IS MY WEAKNESS IF I LOOK AT THE WEAKNESSES OF OTHERS
A SOUL WHO ONLY EATS THE FOOD OF PURE THOUGHTS WILL
BE FREE FROM NEGATIVE INFLUENCES
ANGER SHOULD NOT BE MET WITH ANGER BUT WITH PATIENCE AND HUMILITY
HAPPINESS TENDS TO STAY LONGER WITH THOSE WHO ARE ABLE TO REMAIN CONTENT
A HOUSE CAN BE BUILT WITH BRICKS BUT IT'S OUR HEARTS THAT BUILD A LOVELY HOME
WE HAVE CREATED THE DEADLIEST WEAPON TO CONQUER OUR ENEMIES YET WE ARE STILL SEARCHING FOR THE WEAPON TO CONQUER OURSELVES
GREATNESS IS IN GIVING OTHERS LOVE AND RESPECT REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY SAY SOMETHING GOOD OR BAD TO YOU
FAITH LEADS TO VICTORY AND DOUBT LEADS TO DEFEAT
MISUNDERSTANDING OCCURS BY TRYING TO UNDERSTAND OTHERS
PAST IS HISTORY
FUTURE IS MYSTERY
PRESENT IS THE GIFT
LIVE IN THE PRESENT AND GIVE A PRESENT TO ALL YOU MEET
IF I DON'T FEEL LITTLE THINGS TO BE BIG, THEN BIG THINGS WILL BECOME SMALL. BE A HUNTER INSTEAD OF A PREY TO YOUR PROBLEM
WHEN YOU LOSE YOUR PATIENCE, YOU WILL BECOME A PATIENT
When you build a house, every brick counts; When you build character, every thought counts
IF YOU ARE CAUGHT IN THE PROBLEMS OF THE PAST YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THE JOYS OF THE PRESENT
REST MEANS TO GO DEEP WITHIN AND FREE YOURSELF FROM RESTLESSNESS, IRRITATION, DESIRES AND DISCONTENTMENT
SEE THE HEART WITHIN THE FLESH AND NOT THE FLESH OVER
THE HEART AND THEN YOU WILL FIND TRUE BEAUTY
SMALL MINDS DISCUSS PERSONS
BIG MINDS DISCUSS EVENTS
INTELLIGENT MINDS DISCUSS IDEAS
BUT GENIUS ACTS IN SILENCE
To those who cannot smile in joy the wide world
Lies engulfed in darkness even in broad daylight
Great wealth amassed by men devoid of that virtue called courtesy
Is like good milk that has soured in an unclean vessel
Being sad with the right people is better than being happy with the wrong ones
Angers Open the Mouth and Shuts the Mind
A Smile is a curve that sets things straight
Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes;
Don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life
Those who receive instruction are WISE but those who Reject are Stupid
Every adversity every failure and every heartache carries with it the seed of greater benefit
Love one another and you will understand the meaning of life.
It is simple and as incredibly difficult as that
I opened my wallet found it empty searched my pocket and found a few coins searched my heart and I found you then I realised how rich I am I have a friend like you
Flowers die stories end songs fade memories are forgotten. all things come to and end but someone like you is treasured forver
Even if I don't see even if we have loss talk less "Hellos" less stories and less greetings always remember that my care for you will never be less
Choose a job that you love and you will never have to work a day in your life
If you are going to achieve excellence in Big things you develop the habit in little matters
A Prudent man foresees evil and hides himself. The simple pass on and are punished
Positive thinking is like this a little bird in the sky and it shits on your head.
You don't mind and you don't cry you just thank God that elephants don't fly
Something are best at age old wood are best to burn, old authors are best to read. Old wine best to drink and Old friends are best to keep
God answer Prayers in 3 ways
He says YES and give you what you want
He say NO and gives something better
And he says wait and gives you the Best in his own Times
Never ask for things to be easier, Always ask yourself to be better
Your Attitude whether positive or negative is always up to you
It is a fact that in the right formation the lifing power of many wings can achieve twice the distance of any bird flying alone
A ship in the Horbor is safe .. But that ships were medae for...
Life is a journey taken one step at a time
Believe and Suceed
The Key to happiness is having dreams .. The key to siccess is making that Dreams come true
There is No Execise better for the Heart than reaching out abd lifting people up
Treat every customer as if your world revolves around them ... it does
The Growth of any organisation is Nurtured one customer at a time
You cannot discover New Oceans Unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore\
Take into account that great Love and great achievement involve great risk.
When you lose, don't lose the leason
Respect for self and for others and Responsibility for all your action
Spend sometime alone everyday
Open your arms to change but don't give up your values
Remember that silence is sometimes is the best answer
Live a good honorable life. then when you get older and think back you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.
A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for life
In disagreements with loved ones deal only with the current situation, Don't bring up the past
Share your knowledge it is away to achieve immortality
Be gentle and kind with the nature and earth,
Everyone thinks of changing the world but no oner think of chaging himself
Once a year go some place you never been before
Remember the best relationship is one in which you love for each other exceeds your need for each other
Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to ger it
Never look at what you've Lost Always look at what you're Got
Dream all that you dare to dream be all that you want to be
Your dream is your belief It is your faith which will put the action behind it.
You have surpassed the expectations of your instruction
To purge all emotion
I trust you will not feel it reflects judgements upon you
Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes, Do not ask a question and you're fool for the Rest of your Life
A smile is a curve that sets things STRAIGHT
A smile on your face can be felt on another's Heart
A smile is the cheapest way to improve your Looks even if Your Teeth are crooked
A smile is a fortune but you can't sell it you can't buy if and you can't steal it but it isn't good to anymore untill if is given away
A sweater is usually put on a child when the parent Feel chilly
A man is not a old until Regrets take the place of dreams
A man is not where he lives but where he loves
As a man begins to live move seriously within he begins to live more simply without
A person of words and Not deeds is like a garden full of weeds
A person who makes No mistakes generally makes nothing
A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an Optimist is one who makes Opportunities of his difficulties.
A proverb is short sentence based on long experience
Two men working as a team will produce more than three men working as individuals
A team is a small number of people with complentary skill who are committed goals and approach for which they hold themselves mutually accountable
Forming- Cautious affiliations to the team
Storming- Com,petitive team relationships
Norming- harmonious cohesiveness among team members
Performing - Collaborative Teamwork
Another person with the same qualification as you cannot do what you do. There is only one you and you have a distinctive person.
The way you discover what you are here on the planet to do is by discovering those parts of yourself that did not even know existed
A vow is a purely re;igious act which can not be taken in a fit of passion, It can be taken only with purified and composed and with God as witness
Important and Nice
It's nice to be important but more important is to be Nice
Being important doesn't have to mean you are nice
Indian & American family problems:
Two men, one American and an Indian were sitting in a bar drinking shot after shot.
The Indian said to the American, 'You know my parents are forcing me to get married to this so called homely girl from a village whom I haven't even met once.' We call this arranged marriage. I don't want to marry a woman whom I don't love... I told them that openly and now have a hell lot of family problems.'
The American said, talking about love marriages... I'll tell you my story. I married a widow whom I deeply loved and dated for 3 years. 'After a couple of years, my father fell in love with my step-daughter and married her, so my father became my son-in-law and I became my father's father-in-law. Legally now my daughter is my mother and my wife my grandmother. More problems occurred when I had a son. My son is my father's brother and so he is my uncle. Situations turned worse when my father had a son. Now my father's son, my brother is my grandson. Ultimately, I have become my own grand father and I am my own grandson.. And you say you have family problems...idiot
Indian family system & concept of marriage is quit simple compared to the western concept of marriage. One has to only follow the tradition which leads to happiness. After hearing the complications the Indian called his parents and agreed to marry the girl there parents have selected.
1. A ship in harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are built for!
2. Intelligence is like underwear. It is important that you have it, but not necessary that you show it off!
3. If your dreams determine your future, why not go to sleep now?
4. When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail!
5. Never test the depth of the water with both feet!
6. Forgivesis the fragrance that the flower leaves on the heel of the one that crushed it.
7. love is an act of endless forgivesness.
8. Forgiveness is me giving up my right to hurt you for hurting me.
9. God forgives us without any merit on our part, therefore we must forgive others whether or we think they merit it
10.Not all of passion is Love and not all of love is passion
11. Instead of allowing yourself to be unhappy, just let your love grow as God wants to grow, seek goodness in others. Love has not one but many faces. 4 loves (Affection, Friendship, Erotic love, the Love of God)
12. The desire of Love is to Give. The desire of Lust is to Get
13.Dare to love and to be a real friend. The love you give and receive is a rality that will lead you closer and closer to God as well as those whom god has given you to love.
14. Why love if losing hurts so much? We love to know that we are not alone.
15. I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, than there is no hurt, but only more Love
16.Love is the only fire that is hot enough to melt the iron obstinacy of a creature's will
17. Never forget what a man say to you when he is angry.
18. Temper is what gets most of us into trouble. Pride is what keeps us there
19. Let your words be the genuine picture of your heart.
20. Confidence on the outside begins by living with integrity on the inside.
21. It's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.
22.if you love something set it free, if it comes backs it's yours, if it doesn't it never was.
23. Love is a fire. But wheather it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house you can never tell.
24. The most important thing a father can do for his children is to Love their mother.
25. Love is like pi - natural, irrational and very important.
26. If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
27. Love : Two minds with thought
28. For every minute you remain angry you giveup sixty seconds of peace of mind.
29.Two souls with a single thought, two hearts that beat as one
30. Dreams say what they means but they don't say it in daytime language.
31. You see things and you say. " Why ? but i dream things that never were and I say "Why not?"
32. motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going.
33.Love and be Loved.
34. Tell a special woman just how amazing she is !!
35. Think of all the wonderful blessings you've been given
36.Mothers remain a great source of inspiration for all of us.
37. Any man can be a father, It take someone special to be a dad.
38. Plan your future. Plan your family.
39. Let us remember the sacrifices that have been made for our freedom.
40. From its brilliancy everything is illuminated.
1. Anger is a condition in which the tongue works faster than the mind.
2. You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
3. Love ......and you shall be loved.
4. God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him.
5. All people smile in the same language.
6. A hug is a great gift..one size fits all. It can be given for any occasion and it's easy to exchange.
7. Everyone needs to be loved...especially when they do not deserve it.
8. The real measure of a man's wealth is what he has invested in eternity.
9. Everything has beauty but not everyone sees it.
10. It's important for parents to live the same things they teach.
11. If you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the worries of tomorrow, you have no today to be thankful for.
12. Happy memories never wear out.... relive them as often as you want.
13. Home is the place where we grumble the most, but are often treated the best.
14. Man looks at outward appearance but the Lord looks within.
15. The choice you make today will usually affect tomorrow.
16. Take time to laugh for it is the music of the soul.
17. If anyone speaks badly of you, live so none will believe it.
18. Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears.
19. Love is strengthened by working through conflicts together.
20. The best thing parents can do for their children is to love each other.
21. Harsh words break no bones but they do break hearts.
22. To get out of a difficulty, one usually must go through it.
23. We take for granted the things that we should be giving thanks for.
24. Love is the only thing that can be divided without being diminished.
25. Happiness is enhanced by others but does not depend upon others.
26. You are richer today if you have laughed, given or forgiven.
27. For every minute you are angry with someone, you lose 60 seconds of happiness that you can never get back.
28. Do what you can, for who you can, with what you have, and where you are.
29. The best gifts to give :
o To your friend - loyalty
o To your enemy - forgiveness;
o To your boss - service;
o To a child - a good example;
o To your parents - gratitude and devotion;
o To your mate - love and faithfulness;
1.) A REAL MAN respects his mother and places his family first.
2.) A REAL MAN RAISES HIS KIDS, not JUST out of pocket either.
3.) A REAL MAN supports his woman to develop herself.
4.) A REAL MAN doesn't worry about what others depict as a real man. Walk in his shoes first and then tell him what makes him A REAL MAN.
5.) A REAL MAN doesn't Break Promises
6.) A REAL MAN calls you beautiful, not hot, sexy, or fine as fuck.
8.) A REAL MAN CALLS YOU on a daily basis - NO MATTER HOW BUSY OR TIRED HE IS.
9.) A REAL MAN looks past what he's heard about you or what his friends think of you.
10.) A REAL MAN wants to spend as much time as he can with you & won't get sick of you.
11.) A REAL MAN comes over just to watch movies with you.
12.) A REAL MAN kisses you on the forehead just because.
13.) A REAL MAN doesn't tell you what he thinks you want to hear. He tells you what's real.
14.) A REAL MAN should be treated like one.
15.) A REAL MAN doesn't ask questions when you say you need something....him, sex, money, or a bed to sleep in.
16.) A REAL MAN lets others know How He Feels About you.
17.) A REAL MAN doesn't play games!!!!!!!!!!!
18.) A REAL MAN doesn't leave you to go and hang out with his friends if he hasn't seen you in a week and then call you at 4 in the morning because he needs some loving.
19.) A REAL MAN doesn't deny you.
20.) A REAL MAN doesn't just think about sex.
21.) A REAL MAN Doesn't Judge the book by the cover.
22.) A REAL MAN wouldn't use his friendship card to get what he wants.
23.) A REAL MAN knows the difference between a REAL WOMAN and a random girl.
24.) A REAL MAN won't degrade a woman with words nor will he ever